Saturday, December 5, 2009

Vanda and Young Songwriting Competition and new album

A few months ago, I submitted three pieces to the prestigious Vanda and Young Songwriting Competition. Shortly after, I found that one of my pieces, Hallelujah, was accepted into the shortlist, the Top 125 out of over 3000 entries. Unfortunately, I didn't make it through to the Top 12, but was honoured nevertheless to be considered.

In other news, by January next year, I intend to have my album "I'm Fast Asleep, I'm Dreaming" available for purchase and/or download at CDBaby. com, and probably a few other sites as well. If you join my mailing list (simply go to www.myspace.com/kyledownesmusic and fill out the tiny little form), you will be given instant notification of sales, constant up-to-date information and exclusive offers. Also, there is a few songs from the album up on MySpace as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment