Saturday, September 26, 2009

Piano Sonata; Part 1

First cab off the rank, and I have a little story for you.

For those who don't know, a Piano Sonata is a solo piece of classical music, usually of three distinct movements (the first of which in sonata form), for, can you guess? Piano!

Some famous Piano Sonatas you may know:
Beethoven's Sonata in C# Minor (Moonlight)
Beethoven's Sonata in C Minor (Pathetique)
Beethoven's Sonata in F Minor (Appassionata)
Mozart's Sonata No. 16 in C


(for those who can read music)

Why am I telling you this? Because, dear readers, I am going to attempt to compose one.

So in these following blogs, I'll be keeping all of you up-to-date on how the composition process is going. So far, I've decided on two things.

It shall be called Piano Sonata No. 1 in C Minor (Mystique) and will have three (3) movements:
Mov. 1: Allegro Con Moto (in sonata-allegro form)
Mov. 2: Andante Tranquillo (Binary AA1BB1 Theme and Variations)
Mov. 3: Scherzando (Rondo Form)

I'm going to fiddle around with some themes this afternoon and update this in the morning, or if any major development takes place.

No comments:

Post a Comment