Saturday, September 26, 2009

Roll Up, Roll Up

Well, it's the grand opening, as they say, of my new blog. I spend a lot of my life writing, listening, performing and generally drowning in music, and people have started to enjoy my output. On that note, I have decided to make myself a blog. In this blog, I shall long tales about my songwriting, albums, performances, life in general, maybe do some reviews, let you know some good bands hiding out there in the murk, and give away some free stuff. In this first post, I would like to give away a song from my new album, I'm Fast Asleep, I'm Dreaming.

A Little Night Music


I wrote this song after watching the movie Once (if you haven't seen it, I recommend it to everybody. One of the greatest music films ever made.) It was late at night, and I basically stumbled downstairs to my studio and played out these three notes on the piano. A-B-C. Thankfully, I decided it was a very good idea to record my playing, so I hit record and just played for 3 or so minutes. I then scribbled out some words, whisper sung a melody, then passed out in bed. In the morning, this amazing song was there to greet me. I love late night epiphanies.

No comments:

Post a Comment